Last Modified: December 31, 2019
- Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with the Website, we may collect information—some of which may identify you—such as:
- First and last name;
- Company name;
- Customer code;
- Username and password;
- Personal website URLs;
- Social media account names and URLs;
- Answers to security questions;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Fax number;
- Physical address;
- Postal address;
- IP address;
- Unique device ID or other online identifier;
- Payment information, such as credit card payment data;
- Online payment enrollment token numbers;
- Education, job history, and other resume information; and
- Personal information you choose to provide in “comment, ” “question,” and other narrative forms.
We refer to information that can identify you as “personal information.” We may also collect general information about the equipment you use to access the Website, your operating system and browser type, the services that you use, times and dates of your interactions with the Website, details of your transactions through and interactions with the Website, and software event data.
- How We Collect Information
We may collect information:
- Directly from you when you provide it, including by filling out forms requesting additional information or further services, applying for a job, setting up an account and personal profile, registering for online payments, or participating in promotions.
- Automatically as you interact with the Website, such as approximate location, data on browsing activities and patterns, times and dates of logins, and event data.
- From third parties, including analytics providers, that we use to operate the Website and its services.
- From social media platforms linked from the Website, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube, if you “Like,” “Follow,” or use a lead generation form or otherwise interact with our page or profile on that platform.
Automatic data-collection technologies we use include cookies and web beacons, which are described briefly below:
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as “1×1 GIFS,” “pixel tags,” or “clear GIFs”). We may include web beacons in the Website pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, and to count how many emails that we send are actually opened.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use or disclose your information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Presenting our Website and its contents to you.
- Providing the information, goods, and services you’ve requested or agreed to receive.
- Enabling you to interact with Website features and improving the Website’s performance when you return to the Website.
- Enabling you to participate in promotions through the Website.
- Processing your account and online payment registration, including determining your eligibility for an account and online payment registration.
- Processing your online payment.
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Improving and managing the Website.
- Informing you about new features of the Website.
- Marketing our products and services to you and sending you marketing materials that may be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- How We Share Information
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We use third parties to host the Website, design and operate the Website features, and perform administrative, analytics, payment processing, advertising, and communications services. Services these parties provide include processing your payments made through the Website, enabling us to send you email newsletters and marketing materials, and providing information to us about the use of the Website and viewing of our content. We may disclose your personal information to these companies so they can carry out these business purposes on our behalf. We may use:
(a) third-party analytics service providers and (b) ad-serving platforms which may set and access their own cookies and web beacons on your device. These parties may have access to usage information.
Currently, we use the following two Google LLC services:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Google Ads is an ad-serving service offered by Google that uses technologies—such as cookies—to display ads (including our ads) based on your visits to the Website. So you may see our ads displayed on other websites you visit, or in your Google search results. Like Google Analytics, Google may share information obtained through its AdWords service with other Google services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google more generally, visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
Promotions. We may offer promotions through the Website that may require registration. By participating in a promotion, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that promotion, including terms related to the disclosure of your personal information.
(y) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; and (z) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, its users, or the public.
Business Transfer. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Website, including, without limitation, your personal information and usage information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Website or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our equity interests and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process or during any bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- Sales of Personal Information.
We have not sold, and—except in connection with a business transfer (described above)—we will not sell your personal information.
- Links to Other Websites, Social Media Platforms, Mobile Applications, and Services
Personal information is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some instances, personal information is encrypted during storage and transmission. Only those of our employees and agents who need access to your personal information to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed confidentiality agreements or otherwise subject to a duty of confidentiality.
While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from the Website, and you assume all related risks.
- Other Information
Cross-Border Transfer. The Website is hosted on servers in the United States. Any personal information you provide to us will be processed and stored on servers in the United States, the laws of which may be deemed by other countries to have inadequate data protection. Accordingly, if you are located outside the United States, you consent and continue to consent to the processing and storage of such data in the United States.
Do Not Track. Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, the Website does not respond to DNT signals.
Children Under 16. The Website is not intended for children under 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Website or submit any personal information through the Website.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided their personal information to us, please contact us and we will delete that information.
- Your Choices; Contact Information; California Residents
If you choose not to provide personal information, you may be unable to access or use the Website or certain Website features. For example, if you do not provide your name and company name you will be unable to create an online account. You may access and update the personal information you provided to set up your account at any time through your account.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional and marketing communications from us, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop receiving certain types of email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications.
Depending on the law that applies where you live, you may have additional rights. California residents should see https://www.ascprofiles.com/wp-content/uploads/ASC-CCPA-Notice-for-California-Consumers.pdf for more information.